Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Back to the drawing board

Decking is off. We have just got the photos through of the plot as it is now. Guess what they've got at the end of the garden? Decking. No way am I building a garden for 3 days, only for the client to say that it's exactly what they had before - plus a few plants and a bit of a path.

Hazel dragged me off to B&Q, despite my protestations. She used to work there and swears I've not looked properly. I don't have to buy set packs as they sell individual slabs. Also she might get a bit of discount as she used to be staff until a few weeks ago.

Bingo! When I explained what it was for, B&Q offered us the equivalent of her staff discount and we've found a lovely pale buff/plum colour sandstone flag. It's not cheap, but with the discount and a different path, we might be getting somewhere. Big chains don't often get a public thank you - but THANK YOU, B&Q WINWICK!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker