Friday, August 18, 2006

Filming day...

Well, what an experience. After several false starts (by me) and endless interruptions from planes and passing traffic, I made a passable effort at presenting me and my garden. The thing I found hardest was not starting the sentence with a stutter, and remembering to smile. I kept thinking, be like Carol Klein, upbeat and enthusiastic! I think I did OK in the end. But the best bit was doing real gardening under the camera - that felt great. I tied up the squash, repotted a plant and inspected some of my cuttings, all under the steely glare of the lens. It was by far the best part of the day.

Anyway, before all that I had an hour with the landscaping tutor at the college for a crash course in hard landscaping techniques. It was probably the best hour I've spent - I feel so much better for knowing a bit more about what I'm doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker