Saturday, August 26, 2006

Finally - time to think about plants

The paving is set aside at B&Q (with the patient help of Ed, Sonia and Phil) and it's now time to focus on the plants. Another round of nursery visiting and deposit placing secured more good specimens. I was especially pleased to find a Callicarpa 'Profusion' at a good size and price. I'd wanted to include this from the start but had no joy with finding one.

The project garden is all marked out on the lawn again. Perhaps it's a skill that will come with time, but right now I really struggle to place plants on a paper plan and know that they will look right in practice. I need to see it for real before I know it's right. Ideally, I'd just have a longer plant list, take eveything down and just pick what looks right on location, but the budget won't stretch to that level of flexbility.

The project garden with a few key plants in place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker