Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Aftermath

With the result announced and the champagne flowing we all got chance to wander around and look at the other gardens. Lorraine's immediately stood out has having real wow factor - when I saw it I just couldn't figure out how I managed to win. Joe confirmed that she had scored higher than me on the design, but that I'd done well enough on the quizzes to keep my score up overall. Just for once, being something of a Jack-of-all-trades had really paid off.

And I did feel OK with the result - Martin, Kirby and Mike were quick to say they felt I'd deserved it and Lorraine, despite wanting to win so badly and coming so close, was the first to congratulate me. (She sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers afterwards as well, which was very generous spirited of her).

So here are some final pictures, taken just before we left site for the last time.

The pen was meant to be for the rabbit!


I liked Martin's garden - it felt welcoming and balanced


Kirby's garden. The seat and patio area were inspired - they really worked.


Mike's brief meant he couldn't plant anything in the ground. I loved the wall hangings - very original.

Lorraine's stunning garden.

2 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You did so well Trillium, congratulations.......
Having read your blog it all seemed so similar to our experience, one we haven't forgotten yet either....I'd love to do it again (for some unknown reason!!!)
I'm glad that the BBC did listen to our suggestions on how to improve things, some were better and the whole TV show was much easier to follow, who was who, and what scores people got, still not enough of the gardens you created though...(BBC Take note).
I too am still missing a runner, they were so helpful it took weeks to remember how toget myself a cup of tea !!!
Well this will be a brilliant start to your new venture, when are you moving again???
PS Congratulations again!!!!!

 
At 3:08 AM, Blogger Sue Beesley said...

Hi Elaine, and thanks!

I'm making an informal start at the nursery later this week, but I'll say more about it when we complete which should be the end of Jan. And you are right - the publicity won't go amiss will it?

I thought the show felt better - I'm glad the scoring was more transparent, though at the time we had no idea where we stood until the very end. I just wish there had been a bit of discussion about our plant choices, that topic seemed completely absent.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker