Monday, September 11, 2006

Day three - closing report

I know we made great progress to day but we are behind schedule, despite my telling Joe that we are fine. We had to make two design adjustments today, one my fault, one not. I'd planned a small border under the window by the house, but there's a drain cover there which I wasn't told about. And we had to make the play den smaller because I didn't bring enough rubber chippings. (Note - Rachel de Thame was right - it was small. But it was planned as a den, not a play area...). So I've got quite a bit of planting to rearrange tomorrow which is playing on my mind, but I'm too tired to think about it properly.

In the video diary room I said today had been more a test of physical stamina than horticulture - and surely that's not what it's about? Perhaps I'd tried to achieve too much in three days. Even so, I'm none too happy. Tomorrow's to-do list looks impossibly long, even for three of us. If we don't get our hard landscaping help back, there's going to be a whiff of mutiny in the air tomorrow morning. Perhaps that's what they want - to up the anti a bit?


It's not a good look, is it? I'm knackered, soaked and sunburnt...
...but once we'd got cleaned up we all had a meal together, drowned our sorrow, compared grievances and had a good laugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker