Friday, September 08, 2006

Preparation over, time to go

I've spent so much energy on the garden that I only remembered about packing for me this morning. I'm going to be on camera for 4 days and I don't know where any of my clothes are. I had no clean underwear and nothing smartish to wear in the evenings. I put an quick clothes wash on, pulled a couple of worn-once tops out of the washing basket, ran an iron over them and stuffed them in a bag alongside my Pests and Diseases book and my big RHS plant book - as if I'd have time for swotting...

It took forever to load the van - just so many small things to remember - specific tools, vine eyes, plant ties, receipts, compost, crocks, drawings - the list was huge. It was tighter than I expected - Hazel ended up with our personal bags under her feet and a bag of rubber mulch on the spare passenger seat. But it all went in and we were off to a barrage of phone calls, hugs and good luck text messages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker