Wednesday, August 30, 2006

What to do about the rabbit.

My client family have a rabbit, which is occasionally let out for a run. My instructions are to avoid plants that won't poison the rabbit. Once you start looking, it's surprising how many plants to have toxicity warnings on them. Plants I've ruled out include iris, hellebores, euphorbias, euonymous and ivies. I might otherwise have included any of these, especially since most are good in shade (and there's plenty of that), but they are off the agenda.

Naturally, as a gardener, I'm more worried about the rabbit eating the plants than the plants poisoning the rabbit. So I'm building a rabbit playpen to go on the lawn. Not only will this protect the rabbit and the plants, but the rabbit will help mow the grass. That's another construction project to finish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker